Type 5 - Reinforced Elastomeric in accordance with BD33/94 standard
The T-Mat expansion joint consists of a solid armoured expansion mat made of a high quality chloroprene with metal reinforcements (T-bars).
The internal design of the expansion joint is such that due to the discontinuous steel reinforcement combined with the elasticity of the material (chloroprene), the expansion joint will not only allow for horizontal movement on either side of the joint but will also allow for transverse and vertical relative movements of adjacent bridge decks.
- Structural safety during train and vehicle operation is guaranteed by the fact that the design of the expansion joint allows to carry and absorb the combined forces of load and traffic
- The expansion joint is designed to be installed in such a way that ballast can be put directly on top of the joint without any additional protection or treatment required
- The internal design allows also for high vertical movement due to differential settlement (up to ± 70 mm vertical and ± 100 mm transversal) without losing any of its other functional properties
Ekspan T-Mat Joints - Movement Range In mm
- For longitudinal movements from +/- 15 (T30) up to +/- 130 (T260)
- Impervious to deep standing water
- Low noise - ideal near residential properties
- Rail & road bridges
- Primary/secondary roads
- Pedestrian walkways